Thursday, September 22

Blogger Perks: Little Green Movie Critic

I just registered to be a "blogger reviewer" of Joss Whedon's new Sci-Fi Action/Adventure movie Serenity using the Colloquium URL. I'll be seeing it here in D.C. on Monday, September 26, ahead of the Septemeber 30 opening. All I got's to do in return is post a little somethin' somethin' here about what I thought of it. (Puppy Blender has more.)

If you're unfamiliar with the background of the movie: it's the conclusion of the one-season series on Fox called Firefly that got cancelled mostly because of Fox's inept programming decisions. For more background, see M.E. Russell's article from The Daily Standard. As he said: "Think of it as Star Wars, if Han Solo were the main character, and he still shot Greedo first." His review alone was enough to get me to purchase the complete series on DVD for the back story. However, I understand you won't need to know all of that to enjoy the movie, but I can give you a better assessment of that after Monday!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com