Thursday, November 10

The Queen of Comfort Food

In addition to my everyday life as a Princess, I am also the Queen of Comfort Food (Okay. Paula Dean might have something on me. But not much). So, I am sharing my bestest homemade Macaroni and Cheese Recipe with you. Also, I figure if PJ Media can have a contributing shoe guy and pron guy and pet guy, I can be the contributing food chick to LGC. Unless you all tell me to STOP it. In which case I will.

Ingredients:

1 1lb pkg pasta - I like DaVinci Twists.
4 Cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 12 oz can and 1 5 oz can of evaporated milk
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup melted butter (divided)
1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
1/4 C shredded parmesan cheese
1 Teaspoon paprika

Preheat oven to 350.
Cook the pasta until al dente (not mushy) and drain and rinse. Spray a 9 x 13 pan or a large casserole dish with cooking spray.

Whisk eggs, evaporated milk, cayenne pepper and 1/4 C melted butter in a bowl.
Layer 1/2 the pasta in the pan, cover with half the shredded cheddar cheese. Repeat with other half of pasta and remaining cheddar cheese. Pour evaporated milk mixture evenly and slowly over the pasta and cheese.

In small bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and paprika. Toss with remaining melted butter. Scatter bread crumb mixture over top of pasta. Bake in oven for approximately 30 minutes until bubbly and bread crumbs are a lovely golden brown.

Yummy.

(This one's for you, Christheprofessor!)

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com