Friday, December 23

Harry Reid Admits He's An Uneducated Bastard

Well, kinda :-)

Mr. REID. Mr. President, maybe I
didn’t have the education of a lot of my
friends. I was educated in a little
school in Searchlight, NV. We didn’t
have English class.
Maybe my choice of
words wasn’t perfect. Maybe I should
have said we killed the conference report.
But the fact is, that is what we
had done. People can try to change the
words and the meaning of it all they
want, but that is what happened. I may
not have the ability to express myself
like the folks who were educated in all
these private schools and fancy
schools, but I understand the Senate
rules. Everyone knows that cloture was
defeated, killed, whatever you want to
call it. That means that cloture was
defeated and that bill is still before the
Senate.Mr. REID. Mr. President, maybe I
didn’t have the education of a lot of my
friends. I was educated in a little
school in Searchlight, NV. We didn’t
have English class. Maybe my choice of
words wasn’t perfect. Maybe I should
have said we killed the conference report.
But the fact is, that is what we
had done. People can try to change the
words and the meaning of it all they
want, but that is what happened. I may
not have the ability to express myself
like the folks who were educated in all
these private schools and fancy
schools, but I understand the Senate
rules. Everyone knows that cloture was
defeated, killed, whatever you want to
call it. That means that cloture was
defeated and that bill is still before the
Senate.

(Hat Tip: Taranto)

And I bet he walked five miles barefoot through the snow uphill in both directions to get to his little schoolhouse where they didn't teach English.

Heh. Good thing they don't have a literacy test to run for Senate. As Bugs would say, "What a maroon!"

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com