Friday, January 13

Same Question, Same Answer

I received this in an e-mail a few days ago. Thought it was worth sharing.

Cindy Sheehan asked President Geo. W. Bush, "Why did my son have to die in Iraq?"

Another mother asked President Clinton, "Why did my son have to die in Bosnia ?"

Another mother asked President Johnson, "Why did my son have to die in Vietnam ?"

Another mother asked President Truman, "Why did my son have to die in Korea?"

Another mother asked President F.D. Roosevelt, "Why did my son have to die on Iwo Jima?"

Another mother asked President W. Wilson, "Why did my son have to die on a battlefield in France?"

Yet another mother asked President Lincoln, "Why did my son have to die at Gettysburg?"

And yet another mother asked President G. Washington, "Why did my son have to die at Valley Forge?"

Then long, long ago, a mother asked, "Heavenly Father, why did my Son have to die on a cross outside of Jerusalem?"

The answers to all these are similar:

So that others may have life and dwell in peace, happiness and freedom...



The loss of a child is considered to be one of the most stressful things a mother (or father) can endure. The question is reasonable, but don't discount or dismiss the answer.

Value and appreciate the lives of those who fill your life and days while you have them, but more importantly, honor their sacrifices and do not dishonor them in their deaths.

For all those who have given of themselves with life, limb, or innocence, thank you.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com