Saturday, March 4

"A hip, contemporary version of "The Emperor's New Clothes"



...complete with election politics and news media spin." And, I think, a really terrible political message aimed at indoctrinating kids into a certain groupthink culture. And the Not-my-Kid is so over joyed with being selected as the Vice-President Character that he almost wet himself when he told us all about it and how it was funny and what happened in this and that scene.

So, since some of it sounded kinda hinky to me I looked it up. Now my Not-my-Kid is worried I'm gonna get his teacher in trouble. So, look at it a bit, please. Pay attention to the cast of characters. Follow the story line. Me, I'm stuck. I haven't made up my mind on it all. Do I complain to the school board? Let it ride? Try and explain to an eleven year old ADHD boy that he's being brainwashed? If so, how? He needs all the encouragement I can give him in order to become the man he should become.

And I'm not sure if I'm more upset at the teacher for choosing this play, the playwright for pushing a political agenda on kids, or for the blatant theft of a great Stooges joke.

Lemme know what you think, especially anyone who has some experience dealing with the public school system (Bob's Kid? You around?) I'll try to check in later tonight, after the stick actuators get done wasting precious fossil fuels (night flying this weekend).

Mcgyver, out

Update - The pdf freeview of the script is available if you scroll down the page. The url for the freeview is http://95churchcom.web128.discountasp.net/histage/pdf/1275f.pdf

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com