Tuesday, April 11

Spring Break...and Spring Cleaning...and Mid-Life?

This is my spring break (oh yay!) and I am haven't been on my computer much because I have been trying to make some order out of entropy in my house. For months little more than the bare minimum got done because I was too sick to do it, but now I am feeling better and, well...I don't have that excuse any more.

I hate housework.

So my daughter and I have been cleaning carpets and moving furniture and washing windows and emptying drawers of junk and filling up the garbage bins to overflowing. It's a tedious task, but I know we'll be glad we got it done. We're having a mini-crowd over to the house on Saturday to celebrate her 30th birthday, which is today, so the timing is good for my break.

I can't believe that I have a 'child' who is 30.

30 years ago I was staring at this little bit of miracle that I had somehow created out of my own body, and now, here she is, all grown up and 11 years older than I was when she was born. Where did the time go? I remember when I was a much younger adult my dad telling me that every morning when he looked in the mirror he was surprised to see an old man looking back at him. He didn't feel any older, and the world looked the same out of his eyes, but the mirror reminded him that yes, time was passing. He was younger then than I am now, and yes, when I look in the mirror I know exactly what he meant.

Spring, the time of renewal, of new hope, and of a Risen Savior. Life is short, make it sweet.

Oh, and clean that house!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com