Friday, April 28

Sunday April 30th 2006


Sunday, the day after tomorrow is the day we in the Houston area have been working for so long.

At 7:30 A.M. the group of motorcyclists that I ride with will meet at Kroger’s on 2920 and begin our trek to the Pasadena Fairgrounds on our annual Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation benefit by way of Honda’s ride4kids.org 14th annual event.

I know I have mentioned this event not only here but on several other blogs however I can not stress how much these kids need our help and I try to get as many people as I can involved in this Nationwide event.

Years ago I had a member of my staff visiting Texas Children’s Hospital on a regular basis because her son Jonathon was always crying from headaches. After a while we all were going back and forth in and out of Texas Children’s Hospital while they tried to save poor Jonathon. I am sorry to say we lost him to a cancerous brain tumor. I believe he was 3 years old at the time. It was and still is heartbreaking.

I’m sure there are others out there who have experienced this as Pablo mentioned on an earlier post and many lives are touched by both the illness and the quest to cure it.

I can not stress enough the need to get more people involved in this in an attempt to eradicate Pediatric Brain Tumors. Today I am asking that all of my friends pray for two things. First I ask for prayers that Houston sets a record this year in its fundraising efforts and believe me I am digging pretty deep to try to achieve that. And second I ask for a prayer that this will be the last year that pbtfus.org and the ride4kids.org have to do this. Hopefully we can end this deadly killer.

Again if you own a motorcycle check the ride4kids.org website and locate the ride in your area. If you don’t own a motorcycle you are missing a lot but you can still go to the website and donate and make a difference.

And remember that when you donate you can get t-shirts, caps, pins to show your support. I have several Ride For Kids shirts, jackets, pins, caps plaques etc however the one thing I want the most is a Jacket that says “Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. A thing of the past. We beat it”

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com