Thursday, May 4

A Rose is a Rose but these are Roses



My day usually starts with me walking out the door of the bus and I have to walk through my garden to get to my suburban. When my roses are in bloom I wait until the last few days they are blooming and cut the older ones. The waitresses at IHOP or Denny's appreciate them. It makes a persons day start very well.

This morning as I walked through them I was awe-struck. These red roses are named Mr. Lincoln and these two are 6 to 8 inches across and so fragrant that I had to bring them to work. The yellow roses are not teacups they are full sized roses but the Mr. Lincolns are massive and so fragrant it is almost impossible to describe them.

To see the size note that they are in an Iced Tea glass and the little thing below them is a coffee cup.

Life has many things in store for us and for us to do but it is never too late to take a minute to stop and smell the roses.

To all of the people who have touched my life and to those who will. Start the day this morning with these beautiful roses in mind. One of G-ds greatest gifts to us.

And no I didn't post the same pic twice. Same view, different lighting.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com