Sunday, June 18

Happy Father's Day!!!

Happy Father's Day to all of you out there today. Daddy's are vital to bringing up healthy, happy and well-adjusted loving kids.

I want to wish a special Happy Father's Day to my dad, Jack. He raised seven kids, has been married to his beautiful bride for over 50 years, and has been my rock for a long time - especially the past year and a half. Jack's happy, prosperous life is a direct result of the man serving as "best man" at my parent's wedding, his oldest brother Ray. My dad is one of "Ray's Kids." Dad's mom passed away when he was only 12. Ray was 27 and became legal guardian of his 6 youngest siblings, including my Dad. Ray gave them the love, discipline, encouragement and support they needed to grow up to be wonderful men and women.

Ray passed away two weeks ago today. The funeral paid tribute to his life. My Dad gave the eulogy that touched on so many of the memories he and the others had of Ray growing up. He took care of them throughout his life - and they took care of him as he aged.

Ray is with God now. And the legacy of Ray's Kids continues as they and their children give back to the world what Ray gave to them - Love, Life, Happiness, Caring, Giving and so much more.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com